Saturday, March 19, 2011

Meredyth Gehrig Is Face #76 and Connections

"Meredyth Gehrig: Face #76," oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Meredyth Gehrig (Face #76) is Stephen Klagholtz's (Face #28) girlfriend. Stephen is a good friend of my son Sam's (Face #3). All three of them are recent Virginia Tech grads and Meredyth (and Stephen) majored in biochemistry (they met as lab partners).

There are lots of connections within/among my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project. I've thought of connecting strings between those who know each other when I hang the exhibit. Randy and I (though mainly Randy) have been figuring out how to hang the show (at the Great Falls Library in May) and are coming up with a good plan. Though there's a lot of work between this good plan and being ready to put them up. I do think they'll look awesome in the end!

Meredyth in the gallery at the Artists' Atelier
Painting went fine. Stephen came to visit during the session, then Stephen's brother and his girlfriend. It was probably a bit too much for  Meredyth to handle having that many eyes on her ... comparing the painting to its subject. It's probably enough of a stretch just to have me staring at her. 

Again, I guess, I made plenty of weird faces. When I did smile at the end, Meredyth figured that this must be a good sign. Better than a grimace, "oops" look,  question face, etc. My expressions are definitely out of my control.

Tomorrow, I'm painting my daughter, Sarah. I'm looking forward to it! I hope she is, too.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

beautiful girl and beautiful painting