Tuesday, March 15, 2011

100 Faces in 100 Days: Susan Silliman is Face #72

"Susan Silliman: Face #72", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Considering that today's a Tuesday ... the day I'm usually most pooped (I teach classes on Mondays and Tuesdays and paint my Faces in the afternoon -- so full days) ... I'm holding up pretty well. This morning I taught my Still Life Painting class, which is always, fun, energizing and tiring, all at once. Both of my classes are full of great people who are eager to learn and encouraging to each other. How lucky is that?

Susan Silliman, a fellow Great Falls Studios member, came and sat for me today. She was one of my early volunteers ... offering her face right at the beginning of the project. So, she's brave!

Susan's art is abstract. She loves collage. She also loves my project and faces. And (husband) Randy's iced tea was a hit.

We talked about a bunch of things. Art instruction. Favorite instructors. Teaching. Great Falls. Susan and her husband's business (working with business/group conferences at resorts).

Very soon I'll be posting info about my Spring classes and workshops  ... here and on my web site. Classes start May 2.

Tomorrow I'll be painting a four-year-old. Just think about that. I can't wait to wake up and grab my paint brush. I have to remember to put my wet-paint paintings up on higher ground.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: