Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Onions and Tomatoes" Painting Today Plus More

A New Still Life Painting
"Onions and Tomatoes," oil on Raymar panel, 10"h x 8"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
I painted a little bit today ... this extra setup I put together for my Still Life painting class. I didn't want to pass it by plus it was a nice mini demo for some of my students who had been finishing up their paintings. (Except I wasn't talking much.)

Just something fun in addition to my 100 Faces Project. It was a little risky painting this before my scheduled sitting with Elaine Elinsky ... because I'm trying to protect my energy level. I probably paid the price today but it was fun anyway.

An Invitation Arrived Today
I've been invited to join the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club (www.clwac.org) as a Full Member ... which is quite a nice honor that I'll be accepting. I need to send them a bio and portfolio ... but the invite is based on having been juried into multiple Annual Juried Exhibitions hosted by the club at the National Art Club in NYC. My first time there I'd won an award for "Tea with Anne", a portrait of Anne Heilman.

New "Four by Four" Exhibit at the Artists' Atelier
Tomorrow, we'll be hanging a special "Four by Four" exhibit, four paintings each by four of the Atelier artists: Nancy Keane, Michela Mansuino, Mollie Vardell and me (Jill Banks). Come to the opening reception during our First Friday, March 4, 7-9pm at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Or see it during regular open hours on Saturdays, noon-4pm.

Lots of my Faces will be on display during this month, too ... and my lease on my downstairs studio space (Suite D) ... where my Faces currently reside ... runs out at the end of March. So, see them now. Otherwise you'll be waiting until my 100 Faces exhibit in May to see many of them together.

So, some very good reasons for you to join us this Friday. Hope to see you there.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435 

No comments: