Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Elaine Elinsky is Face #58

"Elaine Elinsky: Face #58", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Elaine Elinsky, fellow super artist, fellow studiomate and buddy, patiently sat for me today to become face #58 in my 100 Faces in 100 Days project. This isn't exactly the funny, wise, fun, cool Elaine that I know ... but it's a piece of her.

Elaine told me to go home, rest and "do not dare" touch this afterwards and I obeyed. Thank you, Elaine! I needed a "talking to."

Elaine's paintings are beautiful and ethereal. She's been my studiomate for lots of years now and we work catty-corner from each other at the Artists' Atelier in Great Falls. I love painting away knowing she's in her corner doing the same.

It was fun, today, too learning more about Elaine and her family and her story. I look forward to looking up her brother and his stained glass business in London this April. She couldn't be prouder of him ... and I can't wait to witness why for myself.

We had lots of fun. (Despite being pooped.)

I'm coming to the deadline for posting so that's about it for now. I did paint a little painting from still life class today that I'll try to get up here tonight ... so check back. 

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

I love this face, perhaps because her coloring is the same as mine was before I let my hair grow out gray. You continue to amaze me on your journey of 100 faces. Can't wait for my turn.