Monday, March 28, 2011

A Double Faces Day, Take Two: Ivie Szalai Is Face #86!

"Ivie Szalai: Face #86," oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
 It's family day. Ivie Szalai is Face #85, Sandor's mom. She's also the daughter of Face #84, Jerry Stocks. Three generations in two days!

Make sure you take a look at both of my posts from today. Two paintings, two sittings to catch up on my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project.

So, Ivie got to be the second face of the day. Her art is as a seamstress, doing embroidery and monogramming. We even talked about how Sandor got his name and it was influenced by her monograms. She wanted the name to start with an "S" ... to match Sandor's older brother Spencer's first initial. I named my kids Sarah and Sam. S's are nice.

Ivie had a day about like mine. She worked hard all morning keeping Sandor focused and paintable ... and then she needed to be painted.

I just liked spending time with her. She has an easy, comfortable energy. Just the fact that she drove up here with her four and seven-year-old sons ... with her mom ... from South Carolina to take part in this project proves her adventurous, go-with-the-flow, think positively spirit. I'm impressed. Sandor and Spencer are lucky ducks.

This is a very special family. I'm a lucky duck, too, to get to paint and meet them.

See you tomorrow!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks

1 comment:

Jean Barton said...

I love the strength that come through in every face.