|"Antiques on Middle Street," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
Pretty likely I'll head in the Sperryville/Flint Hill/Washington VA vicinity but stick to pavement, bugs, humans, architecture for companions and inspiration.
Plein Air in Washington VA
Today was a terrific, although long one painting in Washington, VA ... about an hour and a half's drive from the DC area. It's home to the famous Inn at Little Washington and my painting spot was right next door -- in the parking lot of Antiques on Middle Street.
Two pieces I'm happy with emerged. (That's pretty amazing!) One in the morning of the Ballroom Shops (associated with the Inn, I think) and beyond. Plus, this one in the afternoon of the Antique shop. I loved the statue of the golfer (shown lower right) with well-worn paint. He's why I chose this scene in the first place.
Both pieces landed face down in the gravel once finished. So there's some scraping to do.
The Wow House
Randy and my house is on the market ... and I know it's beautiful ... and evidently the Patch Editor agrees. It was chosen as the Wow House for Reston, VA. But, since I've been busy recently, that article is buried in my email somewhere. So instead, check out the listing on Redfin ... see what you think. Lots of artwork (my own) is shown in those photos. A nice view in situ. No, they don't convey.
Full days ahead this Summer. Pretty exciting, though.
- June 26-29: Paint the Shenandoah Plein Air Paintout, Sperryville, VA and vicinity
- July 4, 5, 6: Amagansett Fine Art Festival, Amagansett, New York (just east of East Hampton)
- July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
- July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!