|"Potomac Shores," oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
I was spooked, both days, by this one squirrel who was much too forward, friendly, nosy ... too close for comfort. At home, he made it into the painting. So this is sort of like "Where's Waldo?". Can you find the critter?
See "Potomac Shores" along with other landscapes in the Places Gallery on my website. (If you'd like.)
Events and Exhibits
- November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries). Small Works Show, same gallery ... "Circle of Truth."
- December 13&14: Great Falls Studios Holiday Show and Sale, 10am to 5pm both Saturday and Sunday, Wolftrap Education Center, 1645 Trap Road, Vienna, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- January 13-February 22, 2015: "With Easel, Will Travel" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Sign Up for Winter Classes
I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions. Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Classes are filling rapidly ... REALLY rapidly.
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel