Monday, February 28, 2011

Laura Nichols is Face #57

"Laura Nichols: Face #47", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Laura Nichols, Great Falls Studios president and founder, potter, egg lady, etc. ... came to sit for me today. The plan was that I would go to her ... since her new puppy Casanova's bladder control is still developing ... but with rain and her husband's help, she came to me.

I struggled all day on this.

As nice as my sitter was, I still don't think I've got her. It's better. It's not all wrong. But, it's not all right, either.

It was fun to spend time with Laura, though. And paint her sitting in front of me. That is what this project's about ... but I still want to see Laura staring back at me. Hmmmm.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Debby Bird said...

I guessed that this was Laura Nichols just by looking at the face. I just met her yesterday on the open studio Tour and you as well. I am enjoying looking trough some of these old blog posts.
I was the lady with one kid on her back and a toddler alternating between being carried and getting into trouble.