Friday, February 11, 2011

Danni Lougee is Face #42 Today

"Danni Lougee: Face #42", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Danni Lougee (Face #42) is a friend of Cindy Hargroves (Face #21) who found out about my project from reading Cindy Grisdela's (Face #4's) blog. Cindy Hargroves brought Danni by to see my wall of faces at my studio ... right before they attended African dance class. So, I didn't know Danni before other than a short "hi" when she'd come in to look at my wall.

There's something really special about this African dance class ... sounds like a bunch of wild women letting loose. (I wouldn't mind taking part in that at all.) At least, I'm pretty sure that Danni's letting her dancing spirit out in full force.

Danni told me about her great birthday party that her husband threw for her inviting a big group of her favorite girlfriends and their spouses ... with a dj and a dance floor. Her African dance friends and instructor were there and Danni's husband asked the dance teacher to lead the group in one of their dances. Danni was thinking ... when viewing the size of the dance floor (not large) ... that her husband hadn't seen them dance before. (Wild, crazy dancing takes up some room.)

Face to face
I loved how open Danni is ... she's comfortable talking from her heart, meeting new people (like me). Her favorite thing to do is to spend time talking with her girlfriends, having coffee or lunch, or at various get-togethers. She has a lot of friends ... also remarkable because she's only lived in the area for three years (moved from Dallas and before that Seattle). She loves to find connections to other people and builds on those. She collects people.

Danni possesses a wonderful free, positive spirit. Arrived at a good place enjoying who she is and what she's doing. She's comfortable and confident in her own skin.

We had a good day. I took a bit longer than normal but neither of us was in any sort of hurry. We were on Italian time.

Tomorrow, 8-year-old Jack will be sitting for me.

Sam and Michelle's Wedding Fast Approaching

My son Sam (Banks) is marrying Michelle Anonick on Saturday, February 19. Very exciting!!!!! This is one truly wonderful couple. As one of the moms, I can feel the emotional roller-coaster starting. Hard to believe that my little kid is going to be standing up at the altar saying "I do." I'm really, really, really happy for them ... but I'm also seeing Sam's smiling round cheeks going round on his toy train. You know?

I can't wait to see what these two do together. They make a great team. Perhaps this 1+1 makes 50, or something like that.

I'm ahead two faces ... so I'll be posting those during two of the wedding days. I'll catch up two more sometime before the end of my project ... so it will really be 100 Faces in 100 Days. I believe I have 100 volunteers. Now, it's figuring out who sits when. (Scheduling is tough.) If you've offered to sit and I haven't nailed down a date for you ... let's try to do that. (Another email to me would help.)

Web Site Just Updated

All of my 42 first faces are up on my website (on my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page) with links back to each sitter's individual post.  Check it out.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Jill - I hope to see you at one of our dance classes in May - after you are finished with this project and trip! I'm glad Danni came today because her first reaction when I told her was "I dont' think I'd like a portrait of myself." She wrote to me when she got home today to say "I love it!"
Cindy (#21)

Jill Banks said...

Cindy,

I'm not sure my crickety bones can handle my wild side within. Maybe I'll look through the window and wish.

Thanks for encouraging Danni.

Jill (#100 to be)

Cindy said...

Jill - I think you are younger than many of us in class. Those crickety bones can do it! I just started the year I was turning 50, determined to be in shape on my actual b-day.
How fun to finish up with your self-portrait! Hoping to stop by to see the wall with my family soon.