Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mollie Vardell Is Face #40 Today: 60 More To Go

"Mollie Vardell: Face #40", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Quick post ... just because I turned a relatively calm day into a full one and now it's time to relax.

Mollie Vardell, fellow painter and studiomate (actually Mollie's the one who MADE the Artists' Atelier shared studio happen), came and sat for me today. Mollie is the past president of the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts ... and is looking forward to the day when she can ... just paint! She's done so much for the community, family, friends.

She's also looking to move out of the area sometime in the next few years. Open up a new chapter in her life. Mollie's spent a lot of years calling this home, and it will be hard to leave, but it's still clearly exciting. She and her husband, Michael, are scoping out new potential homes and communities for just the right spot.

Read more about Mollie and view her art at: www.MollieVardellArt.com.

Good news! I went shopping today at Plaza. New paints. New brushes. A really big sigh of relief!

See you tomorrow. Next in the chair: fellow studiomate, photographer Walt Lawrence. He's warned me that he's going to set up a tripod to photograph the work in progress. Hope it goes well.

Read more about my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project on my web site and on earlier posts. 40 Faces painted ... on day 40 of 2011. I have got to do a LOT of scheduling for the next few weeks VERY soon. I have openings this weekend and next week that I hope to fill with my existing list of volunteers ... so if you've asked to sit for me and you're available ... let me know. Thanks!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: