Monday, February 14, 2011

Scott Anger Is Face #45

"Scott Anger: Face #45", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Happy Valentine's Day!

Scott Anger came to sit for me this afternoon. He enthusiastically volunteered his "face" for my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project after seeing the crowd of faces growing in my studio. Scott (and his wife Mary) are familiar supporters and collectors of art. He sits on the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts board ... and has been at an awful lot of my art events. I bet their calendar's crowded.

He believes this is a great project for the community. Another way to involve people in art and with artists. I think connecting each of my sitters, young and old, to meeting, talking with and getting to know an artist isn't a bad way to start.

Scott and I had great conversations from beginning to end. One of our topics was about soul searching -- on figuring out who we really want to be, what do we love to do, what do we need to change about ourselves. I've had that conversation with myself. Many times. Scott has, too.

I'll skip some of the stories ... but the sitting was comfortable and lots of fun. Painting was pretty easy, but with a late afternoon start ... I was working with failing and complicated light. A challenge.


Posing for My Portrait Class
One more thing ... today for my portrait class, our model was delayed so I posed for the class ... a standing, funny pose. It seemed like everyone was having a good time and it was fun to be on the other side watching them squint and smile and sketch like crazy. Patti Chisholm seemed to be "going to town" and I asked her to turn her canvas around so I can see it. Nope. I believe that was her reply. It was fun to see them. Quite a collection.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: