Friday, February 4, 2011

Trina Myers is Face #35

"Trina Myers: Face #35", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
I've got to run for First Friday at the Artists' Atelier, open 7-9pm tonight at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA ... but I'll be back later to give an update on Trina's sitting.

'Til then, then. Please check back.

I'm back. (Saturday)

Trina's taking my still life class. She's an incredibly exuberant, vibrant person. During her sitting, she said her husband concluded she ran at two speeds ... full speed ahead and asleep. I'm not sure I'm up to capturing full speed. (Not sure how to paint that.)  This is a quieted version of vibrant. Can you still tell?

Trina's someone you want to be near. Around. And, hope that her energy is contagious.

We had a great talk, about life in general and specific. We talked art and workshops she's taken. Looked for those common threads between teachings. We talked "mom".

The painting's small... weird optical illusion. But, Trina and painting.
I'm not certain about this ... but it seems when we're really in the middle ... age-wise ... we actually have the opportunity to get pretty wise. It seems the perfect opportunity to learn from each other. Gently guide, when invited, our kids. Really "get" our parents and understand their journey. Appreciate it all. Embrace being human and all it entails. I hope that it brings out the best of us.

Trina wasn't focused on the painting ... just the process. I was slow, figuring it out, and didn't rush to reveal it in its various stages. She was really patient about that. She really didn't see it until I declared it done.

I like what I did ... and this is Trina at one moment ... but not at her most Trina-est. I sure enjoyed our time together, though.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: