Monday, February 7, 2011

Anjanette Murphy is Face #38 Today... Plus Peppers Painting

"Anjanette Murphy: Face #38", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Anjanette Murphy came to sit for me today to become Face #38 ... after my portrait class. I did work on this some after our sitting ... but enjoyed our time spent together.

Anj is embarking on a new life ... and we talked about house renovations, kids, art (Anj is a painter), thoughts about art in Great Falls, my project, etc. She has a lot going on, many recent changes, but she manages to keep her sight on the big picture. She's enjoying being happy and knows things will fall into place in due time.

I think she enjoyed having time not running from one place to the next. Time to sit is pretty precious.

That sounds pretty good to me, too.

Find out more about my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project on earlier posts and on my web site, on the 100 Faces project page.




Picking "Pick-a-Peck Peppers" Back Up

"Pick-a-Peck Peppers" work in progress, oil, 24"h x 36"w, Jill Banks
Saturday I returned to this market painting after a many faces hiatus. I'm not done ... as I said in a previous post ... but felt like showing you a glimpse of something else. It's almost impossible for me to fit in painting other subjects on top of a "face" a day ... but I'll show them when the chance pops up.

I have created many paintings in my market series ... and all of them reside in new homes as of December 2010 ... so this is the latest, only available, and still not done ... one of these. I REALLY like it.

To see more of those market paintings, see my web site: www.JillBanks.com.

It will be awhile before I get back to it ... again ... but it will be fun when I do! Incredible colors!

Time for bed ... again.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: