Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Sunflowers In My Studio" in January 2011 Art League Show

"Sunflowers In My Studio," 24"h x 18"w, oil on linen, Jill Banks
I've not just been consumed with painting faces lately. My short post yesterday (Face #3, son Sam) was due to the need to race out of here to submit paintings for the January All-Media Membership Show at the Art League (105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA in the Torpedo Factory). "Sunflowers In My Studio" was juried into the show.

"Sunflowers In My Studio" is the painting result of my dad calling me on the phone because he had just arranged "the prettiest sunflowers he'd ever seen in his life. Would I like to paint them?" How in the world could I say no to THAT?!?

So, guess what my answer was?

Pretty sharp.

You can view more of my paintings of sunflowers on my web site. Go to the gallery, still life gallery. These happen to be my favorite flowers. One could say I have "sunfloweritis."

The exhibit will be on view at the Art League throughout the month. Check out the Art League's web site for more specifics.

See my post from earlier today for Face 4 of my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project. This post is post #2 for today.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: