Thursday, January 6, 2011

Face 6, Day 6: 100 Faces in 100 Days

"Jan Heginbotham", Face #6 of my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project
A quicker post than usual ... but I've still got oodles to do today and not oodles of time. Hopefully, I'll add more later today.

Jan Heginbotham, a sculptor in my Great Falls Studios group, sat for me today ... and became my Face #6. I'm thinking that it was about 3 hours total ... but we chatted for a good while just because we've traveled a number of the same roads. (House renovation, time in Philadelphia, comparing sculpting -- which I've done some of -- to painting -- which Jan has done some of.)

See Jan's work on her web site.

She did an outstanding job sitting. Tina (Face #5) was there to tell Jan I say that to everyone. Thanks, Tina.

Two Jan's: The painting looks bigger than it is from this view.
I took this photo with the easel right next to Jan (not where I was painting from). The camera view is misleading making my painting seem huge. Each one is 12"h x 12"w. Randy's in the studio right now installing shelves that I can lean these on as I go along.

Come take a look tomorrow for First Friday, 7-9pm at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. We've hung the Great Falls School of Art Student Show in the upstairs gallery and there's an award reception for it. Plus you'll see my first week's worth of faces, including tomorrow's model. Wet paint warning.

"Jan Heginbotham," Face #6, oil on Raphael linen-lined panel, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: