Monday, January 17, 2011

Patti Chisholm is Face #17

"Patti Chisholm", Face #17, oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
I'm sort of pooped ... so probably a short post today.

Portrait class was great today with some outstanding progress and bold steps. Patti Chisholm sat for me after class was over ... and the conversation was great ... but we were still both ready for a nap. I sent her sleepy eyes home and I finished up via photo. I've got a pretty clear picture of Patti, and she has one of those faces I was itching to paint. There is no way I could portray her hair as wild as it really is, but I had fun trying.

My description of Patti is what you see, is what you get. Always a lot of fun. Bold. Cool. Interesting. Thoughtful.

Patti's a professional artist who normally leans toward abstract, but she's a strong portrait painter, too. Check out her web site: www.pchisholmstudio.com to see her work.

One comment that perhaps I should leave out is that when I put my painting of her up on the wall, I realized I'd painted her on a slightly smaller scale than the rest of my faces. I'd been influenced (my guess) by painting little Bailey the day before. Except, I like this painting of Patti and its composition just the way it is.

You can check out all of my faces and more about my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project on earlier posts and on my web site, 100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page.

"Patti Chisholm", Face #17, oil on Raphael linen-lined board, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: