Monday, January 31, 2011

Sue Bennett is Face #31: A Whole Month of Faces

"Sue Bennett: Face #31", oil, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Sue Bennett offered to sit for my portrait class today ... occasionally taking a chance to draw us ... painting and drawing her. She has a wonderful face (and spirit). Her skin glows. (See it?)

We had fun discussions, too ... and I'll return to teaching/helping lots more next week. This was the only time I could get Sue to sit to be part of my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project ... so I had to make the most of it.

Perhaps this is time for a short post. I have a full day ahead with a day of teaching in the am tomorrow and painting Rachel's (Face #2's) eight-year-old brother Adam in the afternoon. Weather permitting.

Read more about my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project on earlier posts (the project started January 1) ... and on my web site, see the link to the project page from my home page.

Just Updated My Web Site's 100 Faces in 100 Days Project. All 31 faces are there with a link back to the blog post about each of my sitters. Check it out!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

2 comments:

christine said...

Congratulations! A face a day for a whole month. Quite the accomplishment. I can't wait to see all of the faces together.

Jill Banks said...

Whew! I just updated my web site 100 Faces Project page with thumbnails of the first 31. www.JillBanks.com.

Can't wait to add your face to the mix!

Jill