Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back to "Lemons, Sunflowers and the Blue Teakettle"

I was back in the studio today for open studio hours ... finding plenty of my studiomates keeping me company. We all seem to be suffering from the same malady: cabin fever. It was nice to be back in there (at the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 15 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA).

I only had a few hours, or at least that's what I thought. My plan was to go to the open life session at the McLean Community Center from 4-7:30pm. I made it there, along with other artists ready to paint and draw. Unfortunately, apparently, the open life session had been canceled. No monitor, no model. I think we kept eyeing each other to see who could be roped in to sit. That didn't work. I asked a nice young guy at the desk if he'd be interested in sitting for us. He had other plans. Imagine that on a Saturday night.

Oh well. So I was hoping for a new portrait or figure painting to post today.  Maybe next week.

Here's the latest rendition of my "Sunflowers, Lemons and the Blue Teakettle" that I worked on today. Even though the time was short, I was really pleased with my progress. I love these lemons!!!

This one's been resting for awhile, awaiting final tweaks. I have final, final tweaks ... itsy-bitsy ones ... and then I'll call it a wrap.

This is happiness on linen.

"Lemons, Sunflowers and the Blue Teakettle", oil on linen, 30"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

See other posts on this painting's development:
"Painting Lemons Today: "Sunflowers, Lemons and the Blue Teakettle" Continues"
"Lemons, Sunflowers and the Blue Teakettle" Painting and the Holiday Show
My Latest Lemon Painting

And some more posts on lemon paintings:
Another Lemon Painting
Lemons, Limoni Painting Finished

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

2 comments:

Dorry said...

I just love how this painting is developing Jill. The lemons are gorgeous and the granite counter-top looks wonderful.

Jill Banks said...

Thanks, Dorry. This is the first time tackling granite. An interesting challenge while keeping the lemons and sunflowers be the star of the show.