Saturday, February 6, 2010

Florence Italy Painting and So Much Snow!

I worked on this little landscape painting last night and this afternoon. I'm not thrilled with it at the moment ... but I'm enjoying thinking about Florence as I paint. In March, Randy and I head to Italy ... to visit Florence for a few days and then go on to Rome for an art historical trip with Rob Liberace. I can't wait!!!
 
Some other Florence, Italy paintings available include:
"Through the Window", 30"h x 40"w, shown left. On exhibit at my studio gallery at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA.
"Friends in Florence", 11"h x 14"w, currently on exhibit at Market Cellars in Reston, VA. Shown below.
"Standing By", 12"h x 9"w, currently on exhibit at Market Cellars in Reston, VA
"Italian Men", 24"h x 18"w, currently in the 7th Biennial National Exhibit in Punta Gorda, FL.
Last time we were in Florence, Randy climbed to the top of the Campanile and took photos ... this one looking out at the Palazzo Vecchio and beyond. There's this soft fog enveloping so much of Florence. I'll keep working until I capture it. If not on this one, then another.


I'm trying to figure out just what I have to see and do in Florence for the few days there. So far, I know I need to go to the Piazza Michelangelo and then climb the hill further to visit the monk's shop. I want to visit the markets that first inspired my market series (see my web site gallery pages, then places gallery: www.jillbanks.com). I want to see David again. Eat at the Yellow Bar. Sketch in the piazzas. Visit Boboli Gardens. Shop for art supplies at Zecchi's. Eat lots of gelato.

I'm thinking of all this while home, definitely stranded by an unbelievable snowstorm that's taken up residence in the D.C. area. It's hard to imagine getting out of here. Maybe in March.

I had to share two views outside the window. One of husband Randy shoveling and another of the table on the back patio. Can you believe it? I can't. And it's still snowing!

"Tuscan Spires" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 8"h x 10"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: