Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Little Intermission: Back at Home

One of my great tasks is keeping my head "fit" for painting ... particularly when facing my biggest artistic challenges. I'm really, really, really (enough?) close to finishing my major portrait commission. Worked on it all day yesterday. I've set a deadline for myself that is tough to meet. I will be working on it again as soon as I put up this post, but I postponed today's start on it by working (again) on one of my home interiors.

You see, it's been a tough day on my artistic head so far. I didn't get into an exhibit that I really wanted to ... hmmmph ... ouch. I usually fill this blog post with tribulations. Still, life as an artist has its trials too. There. I admitted it.

The good news is that I'm always popping right back up on the horse after a fall. I painted today already and I'm happy with this latest rendition of my tiny home interior painting. (I did have to photograph it three times however to get this pretty good version. See? Lots of perseverance.)

See earlier posts about this painting:
"Did Some Redecorating on My House Paintings"
"Corner Seat: Welcome to My House #3"

That was fun (all but the photography part) and a good exercise for my head. It should be in better shape for the rest of today's painting challenges.

"Corner Seat", oil on Raymar panel, 8"h x 6"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: