Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pink Flower Painting: A Valentine Bouquet


I know Valentine's Day is 11 days away ... but something seems to happen automatically to my painting subjects right about now. (Check out my posts from last February to see that it's a definite trend.) Or see Monday's post of the "Red Velvet Cupcake".

I started this during my Still Life class (see my web site, click on classes) yesterday and finished it up this afternoon as a "warm up" before working on a portrait commission. This Spring bouquet is in great contrast to the dreary, snowy world outside the window.

My guess is this will also be newly hung in my studio for our open house for First Friday ... this Friday, February 5 at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA 22066 ... from 7-9pm. Check this blog first, though. There may be a brand new snowstorm heading our way.

"In the Pink", oil on linen, 12"h x 9"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435  

No comments: