Friday, December 11, 2009

"Lemons, Sunflowers and the Blue Teakettle" Painting and the Holiday Show

 Ho! Ho! Ho!

A Quick Post ... before I pack up paintings/drawings et al for this weekend's Great Falls Studios Annual Holiday Sale being held at the Colvin Run Historic Schoolhouse, 10201 Colvin Run Road, Great Falls, VA 22066, 10am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday, December 12 and 13. I'm joining 19 other artists in this quaint, time-capsule-like space for what has become a true Great Falls VA tradition. Come visit. It's where I do the majority of my Christmas shopping. I have clients, too, that have bought paintings, their major gifts for close family members from me... at this show.



I'm making some good progress on my "Lemons, Sunflowers and the Blue Teakettle" painting. I have five paintings I'd like to finish, put final touches on before a major art event next week. I do realize that's totally unrealistic. Priorities, priorities.

I'm in the Christmas spirit ... probably because I'm planning on doing my shopping this weekend at the schoolhouse. It's low-key, low-stress, merry, fun.

"Lemons, Sunflowers and the Blue Teakettle" work in progress, 30"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: