Friday, February 19, 2010

Back to "Rainy Day in NYC" Painting ... Fun!

After working ALL day yesterday on my portrait commission ... until, again, my arm felt like it was going to fall off ... I took a break to return to one of my latest street scenes. Considering that my works in progress (i.e. not finished paintings) are really piling up, it seemed wiser to work toward finishing than to start something new. Plus, I've been dying to get back to this one.

This one's not about color (I understated it, at least for me). It's about contrast, mood and movement.

This is day three. I'll set it aside again and see what I think it might still need.

To read prior posts about this painting, see:
"Rainy Day in NYC" Painting, Day Two
Rainy Day NYC Street Painting Just Started

More street paintings can also be seen in the places section, gallery pages of my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

"Rainy Day in NYC" work in progress day 3, oil on Raymar panel, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: