Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Sauce or Salsa?" Tomatoes Painting

Often I pick subjects in rotting priority order. I think I'll have time to get to them sooner, but I don't. Perhaps that's one of the consequences of attempting to pack in as much as I possibly can into every day.

This is my second tomatoes on the vine painting. The first, "Family Ties" sold in December. "Sauce or Salsa?" is a top-down view. They were sitting on a chair right next to my easel. It put all those reds piled up on my palette (permanent alizarin crimson, permanent rose, perylene red, cadmium red, cadmium red light, cadmium orange) to good use.

Today was a meeting day ... sort of played havoc with my painting schedule ... but it should help make the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts Spring class offerings much better.

"Sauce or Salsa?", oil on Senso linen, 8"h x 10"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

You make me laugh with "rotting priority order." Well we have to have some way to organize our painting!!

I love all the reds used here. Very strong painting--sauce or salsa?

Jill Banks said...

They are still sitting there waiting for their destiny.