Sunday, February 21, 2010

One from Last Monday: "Green Hat" Portrait

Because I'm consumed with working on my mystery portrait all weekend, my image from today is a work in progress portrait from last Monday's portrait and figure painting class (see the classes section of my web site: www.jillbanks.com). Ellen's been posing for my class and this was day two. (Tomorrow's day three with the same pose.) I mix teaching with painting. That way I don't watch every move students make and they see how I move a painting along.

This one's in a bit of an uncomfortable stage. I see plenty of adjustments to make and work to do ... but I like the pose and possibilities. Just need to relax some lines and redraw some shapes. Sounds easy.

Sorry for the fuzzy photo ... took it quickly under dubious light.

In working with a model, I ask them to come with several choices of outfits, accessories, etc. Ellen came in from the snow wearing her green woolly hat. After picking out her brown dress, the hat needed to go back on... nice color and a complement to Ellen's very natural and comfortable beauty.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow ...

As to my mystery portrait -- it's at that "within reach" stage. While that doesn't give me exactly how many days I have left, I know I can count that high. My current betting estimate is between two to five hard-working days left. I just might need to eat some "Wheaties". Think like an Olympian. Cross the finish line.

"Green Hat" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: