Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Marvelous Market" Painting Today

This is day two for this painting, the latest in my market series. Each series blends with the thoughts and directions of other ones. One thing leads to another. And another. Like one's lineage. Probably the closest to it is "Gelato Shop" (shown below). I will continue to work on "Marvelous Market", refining work on some of the apples on the right and adding reflections and glow with glazes once this layer has dried. I actually took the photo prior to being done with it for the day -- to get a tiny bit of daylight helping the photo process.

Randy's been out shoveling the driveway on and off all day. I have sympathy back pains. How's that for an empathetic wife?

"Marvelous Market" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.
Also shown (right): "Gelato Shop, oil on linen, 20"h x 16" w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Marvelous Market is a great bakery, sandwich, soup and take home snack shop at Reston Town Center (in Reston, VA). It looked so inviting ... and warm. More contrast with the frigid surroundings outside. When the outside's not too hospitable, my thoughts turn inside. And where my thoughts go, my paintbrush follows.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: