Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Honey Bunny" News

"Honey Bunny," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
American Women Artists Annual Exhibition ... the Bunny Is In!

Well, this is pretty exciting.

Many of the juried exhibits I enter work with www.JuriedArtServices.com to present photos of artists' work to the jurors. I put up portfolios to the site, get notified of Calls for Art, and have a control panel to manage applications and check results.

Today there is a green check mark (that's good) next to my entry "Honey Bunny" for the American Women Artists Juried National Members Exhibit being held at K. Newby Gallery + Sculpture Garden, November 2 to November 25, 2012 in Tubac, AZ. The jurors select around 60 paintings from entrants around the country. Most exhibits are much larger generally making the odds of acceptance better. I'm happy to have made the cut. Hooray!

I was excited about that green check and it does a lot to offset red x's. Randy mistakenly sent my green check to the archive ... so now it's disappeared from the application page. It's a visual thing.

Tomorrow I'll be painting at the Torpedo Factory, Studio #333, 2-9pm. That's the plan. If you're making the trek on one of my scheduled days, check my blog for any updates. Thanks!

Exhibits and Events (Now look at this on the Events page at www.JillBanks.com)

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site.  
Reception: Thursday, August 9, 6-9pm (2nd Thursday Art Night receptions throughout the Torpedo Factory).  
Portrait painting demos: Sunday, August 12 and August 19, 1 to 5pm with a great model.
I'll be in my studio:
Mondays, 10am-5pm
Thursdays, 2-9pm
Friday, noon-6pm
Saturdays, noon to 6pm
Sundays, noon to 6pm
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!

July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm. 

August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435



No comments: