Wednesday, August 8, 2012

News From The Easel: Did You Get It?

Issue #1: News From the Easel, read more
If something like what's to the right arrived in your mailbox today, you are currently on my email list for art news and events. Yea! Thank you! If you didn't get it, want to read it or subscribe to my monthly (or so) art news, go here.

Big, Big Oops
A few weeks ago, inadvertently, my finger must have hit delete on the email mailing list I've been gathering for years -- from all of you who asked to be kept informed of art news, classes, etc. I lost you! I want you back.

To get back on the list, either subscribe via my web site or send me an email to tell me you'd like to be added. Thank you.

What's in This Issue
Since it's the first, I've included more than I plan to in the future. But you'll see info on:
  • My August stay at the Torpedo Factory (Reception is tomorrow night, Thursday, August 9, 6-9pm, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA)
  • News on "Honey Bunny" and "The Poker Club"
  • Recent paintings
  • Lou and Carolyn Brown's Portrait Visit
  • "The Brogue Bar" Birthday Surprise
In later issues, expect just one major art-related story exclusive to the newsletter.

Are You Subscribed to This Blog?
It's easy, and you'll get the latest news right in your mailbox. Sign up at jillbanks.blogspot.com.

I hope to see you in Studio #333 tomorrow ... or sometime soon. Lots planned. I enjoyed visits on Monday from studiomate Jennifer Duncan, Great Falls Studios artist Coty Dickson and fellow Art League artist Vicki Blum ... among all the day's other guests. They approved and it was great to see them!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events and Exhibits

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site.  
Reception: Thursday, August 9, 6-9pm (2nd Thursday Art Night receptions throughout the Torpedo Factory).  
Portrait painting demos: Sunday, August 12 and August 19 and August 26, 1 to 5pm.
I'll be in my studio:
Mondays, 10am-5pm
Thursdays, 2-9pm
Friday, noon-6pm
Saturdays, noon to 6pm
Sundays, noon to 6pm
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!

July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm. 


August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066





No comments: