Friday, August 24, 2012

"Sunday in the Park" Painting Continued

"Sunday in the Park" work in progress, oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
Primary colors. Fewer visitors today meant more time spent painting at the Torpedo Factory's Studio #333 -- and I took back up a piece started plein air at McLean Central Park's playground. The dad at the swings still needs some refinement, but I like the girl on the rocking pony on the right.

I believe everyone is taking a final weeks vacation at the beach or out there shopping for school supplies. There weren't too many milling around my temporary studio in Alexandria, VA.

See my original post for an earlier view of "Sunday in the Park."

Tomorrow (Saturday, August 25), the Torpedo Factory closes one hour early for an event. So, if you're coming to see me, my hours will be noon-5pm there. The address: 105 N. Union Street, Studio #333, Alexandria, VA.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site. 
Still life painting demo: Sunday, August 12, 1 to 5pm
Portrait painting demos: August 19 and August 26, 1 to 5pm.
I'll be in my studio:
Mondays, 10am-5pm
Thursdays, 2-9pm
Friday, noon-6pm
Saturdays, noon to 6pm
Sundays, noon to 6pm
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!

July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm. 



Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

No comments: