Sunday, August 19, 2012

Painting Jenny at the Torpedo Factory

Jenny Jusell, day one, oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
There must be a better title for today's post ... but my brain is not finding it.

I asked Jenny Jusell, a visitor to Studio #333 earlier this week, if she'd be interested in sitting for a portrait painting demonstration planned for today -- and to sit again next Sunday as well. Happily, she agreed and took on the role of not only being my model, but also working on tempting people into the studio because we had chairs and chocolate.

My top agent, my Mom, managed to bring plenty of people into the studio -- telling them the stories I would have shared if my energies weren't tied up in painting. Jenny had the best view of her ... but many times I'd look back with eight to ten people of all ages smiling and listening to Mom.  She sure spread enthusiasm to anyone slightly receptive.

Two Jennys and me
Jenny, too was having a great time sitting and seeing the painting progress over the four-hour session. Each break, she'd take plenty of photos of it ... and in the end of day one, passing by the portrait ... she said "I'm sure going to miss me." She'll be back next Sunday, August 26, 1-5pm for me to work toward finishing. Come and watch. It's free. You're bound to be entertained by at least one of us.

Thanks to all of you who stopped by ... and super thanks to Mom and Jenny.

And, Happy Birthday to son Sam!

"Ride 'Em Cowgirl" is complete ... except for my signature and a frame. To come soon.

"Ride 'Em Cowgirl," oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site. 
Still life painting demo: Sunday, August 12, 1 to 5pm
Portrait painting demos: August 19 and August 26, 1 to 5pm.
I'll be in my studio:
Mondays, 10am-5pm
Thursdays, 2-9pm
Friday, noon-6pm
Saturdays, noon to 6pm
Sundays, noon to 6pm
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!

July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm. 


Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

No comments: