Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Fun of Paintings Finding New Homes

"Merry Go Round" looking quite spectacular there
From my experience, the relationship between owners of paintings and the painter (and painting) is a wonderful bond.

I realize that what is being purchased is going to make a constant, lifelong, daily impact. You might think that's an exaggeration.

Not from what I've heard and experienced.

I know how important art is to me. It brings a smile to my face. New interest every day. It almost lives and breathes. It makes me hang out wherever it happens to be.

Yesterday and today, I made some truly great people (who I love) happy because a wonderful piece found a wonderful new home.

"Merry Go Round" is in a new, spectacular, prime location. She's visited regularly.

I love that she's there. I love that her owners are even happier than normal. Helping make that happen is a big deal.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits
August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site. 
I'll be in the studio on Thursday, August 30, 2-9pm. Friday, August 31 is the real move-out day, times indefinite.
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!


Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

No comments: