Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunflowers In The Studio

"Tools of the Trade" work in progress, oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
Quick Post ... long day.  I continued painting sunflowers with my painting stuff ... just with a change of venue to the Torpedo Factory Studio #333. (And a change of light, flowers, surface, ...)

Main news is that my dad had back surgery today that went very well. He'll be returning home from the hospital tomorrow to start the recovery work. Big, big, big, big relief.

Exhibits and Events (Now look at this on the Events page at www.JillBanks.com)

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site.  
Reception: Thursday, August 9, 6-9pm (2nd Thursday Art Night receptions throughout the Torpedo Factory).  
Portrait painting demos: Sunday, August 12 and August 19 and August 26, 1 to 5pm.
I'll be in my studio:
Mondays, 10am-5pm
Thursdays, 2-9pm
Friday, noon-6pm
Saturdays, noon to 6pm
Sundays, noon to 6pm
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!

July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm. 

August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

Love those sunflowers and glad to hear your dad is recovering nicely.