Friday, January 8, 2010

Rainy Day NYC Street Painting Just Started


Finally! I started my first new painting of 2010. I have to admit that it seemed more important than I think it really is ... what my first painting of the New Year would be. I have a LOT of paintings I'm dying to create. I'll just have to start them one at a time. One right after another.

This painting is barely started ... I just wanted to take a photo of it before the light fades. It is inspired by two of my favorite paintings of 2009: "Rainy Day Market" and "Venezia Market", both sold and hanging in new clients' homes. What's most appealing to me about those two paintings are the reflections and sense of depth. When in New York City in November for the Allied Artists of America show (my market piece "Arance, Oranges" was in the exhibit at the National Arts Club), I loved what I was seeing and experiencing on this rainy day. I will be adding my characteristic bright colors, oranges and reds, but wanted to start this one with a really limited palette.

More to come!


"Rainy Day in NYC" work in progress, oil on Raymar panel, 18"h x 24" wide, copyright Jill Banks 2010.
Shown below: "Rainy Day Market", oil on linen, 30"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009 and "Venezia Market", oil on linen, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: