Friday, January 29, 2010

"Rainy Day in NYC" Painting, Day Two

Quick post -- here's what I worked on today. More to be done ... but hopefully not too much. I do remember making a similar statement about "Tranquility" -- and look where that got me!

Take a look back to my earlier post about this painting's start.

Actually in looking back, I love the burnt sienna, reddish undertones. I'll try to bring some of those out as I move forward.

See? Trouble already.

But I did have lots of fun today.

"Rainy Day in NYC" work in progress, oil on Raymar panel, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

Just wonderful, Jill. It's so evocative of the streets of NYC. Love the color palette as well...