Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Figure Show and a Bit of a Snag

The Figure Show at the Artists' Atelier was hung today ... with the official opening this Friday, March 5 from 7-9pm. Come visit the gallery and studio spaces I share with 15 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. And, this is unusual ... I won't be there this First Friday or April's First Friday ... but enjoy the show and great company for me! The studio is also open on Saturdays, noon to 4pm for open hours or whenever an artist is in.

My contributions to the show are "Caffe Bar" and "Corner Couple". They join 20 other pieces in the show. Plus, because the First Friday opening for last month's show was canceled due to our mammoth DC snowstorm ... we held over the Still Life show in the gallery ... so BONUS! Two shows in one.

See more of my street and restaurant scenes in the gallery section of my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

The Snag: My camera's dead. Amazing how critical that particular tool is to me. So far, (as in since yesterday afternoon) I haven't been able to:
  • photograph a still life set-up so that I can put it back together for class next week.
  • photograph a little new painting I started yesterday.
  • photograph the new show at the Artists' Atelier to post here -- as an enticement to come to First Friday this Friday, March 5, 7-9pm at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. (I won't be there this First Friday or next month -- but my paintings and fellow artists will be -- so come!)
  • you get the idea.
Randy's researching the camera purchase online so I should be back in business soon.

P.S. I'll be posting info about Spring classes at the Great Falls School of Art in the next day or two.

"Caffe Bar", oil on linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.
"Corner Couple", oil on Raymar panel, 24"h x 18"w, copyright Jill Banks 2007.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: