Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Other Tasks Today

Despite the impression my photo gives, the photos in the magazine look great!
Prompted by necessity and a very amusing article on Fine Art Views Online newsletter (yesterday's by Carolyn Henderson titled "Goat Hooves," I've been taking care of some of my mounting "to do's" today. I actually know a lot more this evening than I did when I woke up ... about book publishing, converting files, etc. Not exciting stuff, but it helps in the long run.

So no creative juices flowing today, but I have been thinking a lot about my 100 Faces book and working on re-photographing my 100 Faces. Given that, I suppose the fact that I just shot two awful photos of the spread about my project in élan Magazine's July 2011 issue ... might just scare you. But here the photos are anyway. I dropped my magazine while photographing it. Thus, the wrinkles.

The article on my 100 Faces project in July 2011 issue of élan Magazine
Oh well.


August Exhibit of the 100 Faces in 100 Days Project at the Artists' Atelier
I'll soon be hanging the second exhibit of these 100 Faces (or 101) at the Artists' Atelier to be on view from August 1-31. You are cordially invited to visit (I'll establish open hours and post those on my web site and here on the blog) and especially invited for the two main events.


Jill Banks' 100 Faces in 100 Days Exhibit -- August 1-31, 2011
Reception: Friday, August 12, 6-9pm
Ice Cream Social: Saturday, August 13, 2-4pm
At the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Read more about the project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

2 comments:

Vicki Vidal Blum said...

Congratulations on the article in elan. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it's a wonderful spread of your paintings.

Jill Banks said...

Thanks Vicki. They did a great job laying it out and I was so relieved that my photos turned out okay. Phew!

They are accepting ideas/articles written in first person from artists who have appeared in their magazine previously -- in case you want to pitch that.