Friday, July 8, 2011

"Herndon Station" Plein Air Painting and Peonies...

"Herndon Station," oil on panel, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
I did have my paintbrush in my hand today. Yea! But this will be a short post since son Sam and daughter-in-law Michelle just arrived at the house.

So, here's a plein air post from Herndon that was this early afternoon's  undertaking. That was fun and I stayed out there until it started to drizzle.

It was practice for Sunday's planned outing at the waterfront in Alexandria with the Art League Plein Air Group.

And, I returned to a painting from earlier of impossibly pink peonies. I perhaps want to work more with both paintings.

"Impossibly Pink Peonies" continued, oil on board, 12"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2011


And, maybe I'll show you a pic later of my easel in Herndon. Although, that might not thrill your socks off.













Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: