Monday, July 11, 2011

"The Olive Seller" Painting Continues

Day two on "The Olive Seller" work in progress, oil on linen, 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
This one ("The Olive Seller" from the Portabello Road Market in London) will take a bit ... but I enjoyed spending the day painting olives and spoons. I could think of worse ways to spend the afternoon. There's more detail in the foreground than I normally put in, but it's subtle. I added in a few pimentos. First time for that.

The real news of the day ... for me ... is that Mary Beth Gaiarin, one of my star students, moved to Italy and started a blog about paintings and other adventures in a small vineyard in Italy. My whole class, including me, have separation anxiety, and while this isn't as good as having Mary Beth right in front of us ... it's great to have a chance to keep up with her through her writing and art. You can follow along with me at www.gaiarin.com.

 She wrote to me that she wishes I was there. Well, I wish I was there. (Who wouldn't?)

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: