Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Strange Turn and Still Life Class Today


During my Still Life class today, I painted setup #2: a rather odd mixture from Michela Mansuino's cast painting class  (the eye) and some props for my own class.  Michela's influence results in a "darker" side I just simply do not have. Her influence is being compounded by my current reading of a David Leffel book. The result is this painting will probably undergo multiple surgeries to become mine. I do really like the lady apples, though.

I'm posting it ... just so you know I'm painting.

Class was really enjoyable today. I feel good about what I pass on. As much as I continue to learn (thankfully), I've accumulated a great deal of knowledge pushing my brush around ... and am so glad to share it.

While the Winter term has started, if you are interested in attending future classes, please email me at jillbanks1@aol.com and ask me to add you to the potential student list. I'm currently teaching through the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts (in Great Falls, VA) and considering resuming teaching at the Loudoun Academy for the Arts (Leesburg, VA).

"Apple of His Eye", oil on Senso linen, 12"h x 9'w, copyright Jill Banks 2009. Photo is not accurate ... but since I'm still planning image surgery ... I figured it didn't matter much.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

christine said...

very interesting Jill. Can't wait to see where this goes.