Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another New York City Street Painting

I'm on a roll ... but it takes a break tomorrow. I started this scene today.  I get quizzed (by husband Randy) about why I paint a particular scene. That's probably a good thing. I liked the shapes. The protagonist -- the pidgeon in the center of the streeet -- was in the painting's sweet spot. And, I feel the wonderful rhythms and movements of New York in it.

My goal is to take my "free" days -- those not already committed with commissions and teaching to create a series of "like" paintings -- first streets, then maybe cafes, then interiors (restaurants and home, etc.). I always (!!!!!) want to pursue different directions because so much interests me. Focus.

"Birds of a Feather" work in progress, 18"h x 24"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: