Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Figure Study Today and "Rooster Ruminations" Sold


A good day. This afternoon during open hours at the Artists' Atelier (the studio I share with 15 other artists in Great Falls, VA), I sold "Rooster Ruminations". Actually, I think "Rooster Ruminations" sold itself to a regular Atelier visitor who had seen it, and then not seen it, off and on on my studio gallery walls. (I move art around constantly.) According to my new client, she kept talking about it to her husband since seeing it during Studio Tour last Fall ... and he finally told her that she must want to own it. She agreed. Hence, the sale.

"Rooster Ruminations" is a tough painting to forget.

Late afternoon, I headed over to the McLean Community Center  for the Open Life session. I will make this a regular part of my routine. If I'm in town, I'll be there. It's such a tremendous treat.

"Viridian Throne" is the result. I may touch this up, too ... as I did with the portrait last week, but I'm pretty pleased with it as it is.  Each week we have a new model for one long pose. This painting is named after the color of paint used for the model's seat. I "grayed" it using an orange and white.


The photo is off in color and exposure because I took it just a few minutes ago under Tungsten light. I'll try again soon in natural light and replace it.

"Rooster Ruminations", oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009. Sold.
"Viridian Throne", oil on Senso linen, 14"h x 11"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: