Monday, January 30, 2012

A Color Chart ... and Perhaps More

Here's my Color Chart Building Station ... in my Family Room next to the fireplace
I have a lot to post ... but will just get to part of it tonight.

I added one more color chart ... probably two years after the last one and am looking forward to doing more. These are amazing tools, but just the process of putting each one together provides endless lessons. Color lessons.

I set up with tarp, card table and chair in the family room next to the fireplace. Tough conditions. (Really nice and comfortable.)

My Viridian-Dominant Color Chart from Today
My returning to putting together color charts was a result of preparations for today's portrait class. I'm concentrating on learning, teaching. I'll explain more about the color charts ... how to and why make them ... later.

The more? I'm excited about all sorts of things. Feel like I want to paint everything at once. It's nice to have inspiration at a real high. A lot has to do with teaching and all the discoveries you make or revisit to pass on passion and knowledge. I've looked back at books that are like old friends. David Leffel's "An Artist Teaches" has inspired some future renovations to my home studio to prepare for beautiful still lifes. There's a plan.

Color Charts appear as objects in "Clown Girl and Kisses"
On Exhibit:
"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: