Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Paint a "Peacock Blue" Today

"Peacock Blue," oil on Raymar panel, 24"h x 18"w, © Jill Banks 2012
Quick, late post. I was having troubles ... for the last three days with a painting I was trying to bring to completion. My solution for today was to paint something completely different ... a peacock I tried to paint from life last week. So, I had the urge to paint him. I'd tried it from life and observed the guy. I tackled it again from a photo and those memory cells. This is one cool dude. Thinks he's handsome, too.

I may show you the sketch from life sometime soon. Or ... I may head back to the farm, when this has dried and see how I should adjust it. The peacock has the answers, I bet.

"Peacock Blue" is part of my Feathered and Furry Friends series. Some favorites. See my web site for others and this blog for my "Here's Looking at You, Kid" -- of a goat from the same farm -- Kidwell Farm, part of Frying Pan Park in Herndon, VA.

Exhibit:
"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: