Saturday, January 14, 2012

Back to the "The Poker Club"

"The Poker Club" work in progress, oil on linen, 30"h x 40"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
My agenda for the day ... including putting together two new additional easels for classes that start this Monday and attending fellow studiomate Terri Parent's reception for her "Multiples" exhibit ... was to spend some enjoyable hours continuing painting on "The Poker Club." When I do get done with this (I still have a good way to go), I'm going to miss it. In some strange way, I find I build a relationship, or just enjoy, the opportunity to work on some paintings. When I've finished a piece, I don't get to go back to it any more. I'm no longer figuring out what to do next.

There's an excitement joy in watching it develop and satisfaction when it's complete. Two different things.

Tomorrow's a funny day ... with a meeting, hopefully a date lunch/brunch with my husband, and a reception for the "Quilts" show at Herndon ArtSpace. And... getting ready for the first week of classes. Lately, I've been spending lots of time toting my paints and gear from place to place (like my parents' condo, my studio in Great Falls, my home studio, and Kidwell Farm). My painting "luggage" has fallen to an all-time low. Most of it is now in a slippery, huge, black, heavy-duty trash bag. I'm going to need to pull a fast switcheroo before the first days of classes (this Monday and Tuesday) ... or I fear that my students will be less than impressed. Time to look serious.

On Exhibit:


"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: