Friday, January 13, 2012

"Drama Queens" Still Life Painting Today

"Drama Queens," oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
This is a continuation of a painting I started early last year while I was in the throes of my 100 Faces in 100 Days project. I'd been given tulips as a peace offering from one of my reluctant sitters. Somebody in the house ate the bananas. The tulips died waiting for me to have enough extra energy to finish. But, I loved the reflection of the tulips in the kitchen window. So, here it is ... scene recreated ... painted at night with some very close cousins of the original subjects.

It was great fun. And, like an Alfred Hitchcock movie, I've let my own personal imprint somewhere. Did you find me?

Earlier today, I did a little bit of updating to my web site ... adding two of my recent animal paintings to the Animal, Birds and Wildlife Gallery.

This is my second post of the day. Be sure to check out the "Student Exhibit Makes the Cover of the Connection" post, too.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: