Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Full Day of Painting

"Classical Painting Atelier" work in progress day 2 ... sort of
I really just planned to show you pictures. I worked most of a long day on "The Poker Club" but I'll wait for another session to show what's up there.

So, this is my painting from yesterday with about another hour and half's worth of work.

While I was giving my demo for my Still Life class, we talked about its focal point. Giving a demo is different than just painting. There's less careful consideration. It's all action. 

I thought my focal point would be the yellow gourd on the right. That's changed. The brussel sprouts on the left and that green gourd are my main areas of interest and the yellow gourd points the way.

A quiet still life.

On Exhibit:


"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: