Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Lilies and Osage-Oranges" Still Life Painting Today

"Lilies and Osage-Oranges," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
This painting has been "staring" at me in my studio for many months -- waiting to get picked back up and finished. I think I'm done. Sometimes the final decision comes awhile later. We'll see.

A version of this still life was set up in my still life class in the Fall -- where the light silhouetted the flowers and form in the morning. I painted this one upstairs in my studio where the light was just as spectacular in the late afternoon.

On Exhibit:


"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: