Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mainly Resting

"Charcoal Sketch: Female Portrait," charcoal, 24"h x 20"w framed by Jill Banks
I'm just not sure whether the work done in the last few days represents progress ... so I'm holding those photos in my back pocket.

Today was my miscellaneous day. Randy and I scraped and sanded some of those in question paintings to make sure the backgrounds stayed in the background (they don't if the paint is too thick or lively). And, I worked for a good while on my inventory system. Exciting, I know. I've been working on building it using Flick! since mid-last year ... but since last year went roaring by, I have a lot of backtracking to do.

And, then Randy and I had a candlelit dinner at home. Something I've been hoping for lately. There's snow on the ground outside and fire, reflections and warmth inside. What is better than that?

I decided my image of the day would reflect my work of the day. This drawing, that I framed in late December really hasn't been seen before ... except when I was showing one of my portrait clients a drawing and had to pass by this one in my sketchbook. A forgotten sketch framed and put up in my foyer. It happens to be one of my rediscovered favorites because of the painterly-ness of it. See John Singer Sargent's drawings. He drew like this. This one's not yet in my inventory. She has plenty of company.

On Exhibit:

"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: