Thursday, January 26, 2012

Computer Woes and Persimmons

"Persimmons in the Kitchen," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
Computer troubles kept me from making much painting progress yesterday. I was planning to work on "The Poker Club." It took me a couple of hours to get to a starting point ... and then not with the right photo references ... having killed off a DVD in the process. I would have wiped away part of yesterday's painting if I was able to get the top off of the can of Gamsol. You can see why I didn't put up a post last night. It was that kind of day.

I will be going laptop shopping soon. It's definitely time.

And since I don't have yesterday's painting to post, here's one from my kitchen that I changed around near the end of last year. It started as "Turkey Soup" ... from daughter-in-law Michelle's after-Thanksgiving cooking adventures. I changed around what was in the bowl later ... loved the persimmons ... and painted them in. So, here's "Persimmons in the Kitchen."

Today, I'll abandon the computer as reference. Play with a still life. Talk to you later.

Oh, and Randy now has all my framed available artwork in an inventory system (Flick!) ... which will be a huge help. I have a quick visual reference, with dates, sizes, show history, etc. in one spot. To say that you lose track of what you've done and where it is ... is an understatement. This is great. All this has been done on my home computer. When I returned to it, the screen was clear of its usual gunk. I found out where it all went. There's now a new folder on the desktop titled "Jill's Cr_p." Thanks, Randy.

On Exhibit:

"Dining Alfresco" Juried into the Art League January Show
On view at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA for the month of January. Take a look!

"Ostrich and Polka Dots," "Ramsey" and "Half Dozen Donuts" are on view in Great Falls Studios' January Virtual (online) Gallery Exhibit "Patterns"

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: