Sunday, July 8, 2012

Secret Projects

Sneak Preview of Drawing Section of Web Site To Be...
The last group of days have been filled with pretty great painting sessions -- none of which can be revealed yet. One project is a present -- that you'll see it pretty soon. The other is major portrait project that's taking leaps forward. I'm excited about both.

Rebuilding the Web Site
In addition to painting, another activity is consuming every moment left in the day. I mentioned reworking my web site -- I'm involved in completely rebuilding it.  My current site was built using iWeb, a now discontinued Apple project. Although I didn't have to make a change (or at least not right now), the new site is going to be so much better. Better images, a lot more of my work on the site (like adding drawings that are too cumbersome to add currently), and easier navigation.

Andrew Wyeth's "The Kass," watercolor, was the stand-out for me at the Brandywine River Museum
Rebuilding the site, though, is like cleaning out a drawer. Tangents pop up everywhere. I add an image and want to tell you a story. Or I find out that some of the work needs to be professionally photographed. I've been going back through my 100 Faces in 100 Days project and that needs to be put on the site as well. I'm reminiscing about times spent with my 100 Faces volunteers or the adventures surrounding a particular painting. Anyway, it's exciting and I can't wait to unveil it. Coming soon.

Brandywine Again
Favorite painting of my visit to the Brandywine River Museum was Andrew Wyeth's watercolor "The Kass." The simplicity of the large abstract forms and gorgeous light blew me away. Wow. 

Back to work.

Exhibits and Events
July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Reception, Friday, July 13, 7-9pm. Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm.


August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333


August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: